As the crown jewel of Ibanez, the Prestige line represents the passion and pride of Japanese luthiery. These guitars, produced exclusively in Japan, have earned worldwide acclaim and respect throughout the industry for their craftsmanship, quality, and innovation. Combine this with the classic Ibanez RG design and you have an instrument that truly represents a cornerstone of the Ibanez legacy.
A prominent feature of the RG655 is the exclusive Super Wizard High-Performance neck— constructed of five, glued, solid pieces of Maple/ Walnut for absolute rock solid stability. DiMarzio Air Norton, True Velvet, and The Tone Zone pickups, along with 5-way switch, were chosen for the inspiring way they complement each other to create a wide pallet of tonal options that add fire, retain clarity, and improve sustain. With the classic Edge bridge: the most extreme sonic acrobatics can be fearlessly performed with confidence that the guitar will effortlessly return to perfect tuning.
- Neck type : Super Wizard HP 5pc Maple/Walnut neck
- Body : Basswood body
- Fretboard : Rosewood fretboard w/White dot inlay
- Fret : Jumbo frets w/Prestige fret edge treatment
- Bridge : Edge tremolo bridge
- Neck pickup : DiMarzio Air Norton (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Middle pickup : DiMarzio True Velvet (S) mid pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Bridge pickup : DiMarzio The Tone Zone (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Hardware color : Cosmo black